And people wonder why I love Wonder Woman so much.
The greatest hero of all !
It’s time for another Bisexual Books giveaway! You know you could use more queer comics in your life!
You could win all the fantastic goodies pictured above:
- A copy of Batgirl 19 which features the coming out of Alysia (Batgirl’s roommate) as transgender! Alysia is also bi. And did I mention this copy is AUTOGRAPHED by author Gail Simone?
- A copy of Death’s Door by Sam Saturday, a pansexual author writing about creepy polyamorous demons. And it’s also AUTOGRAPHED by sam-saturday!
- A copy of Pancakes by Kat Leyh, a super adorable comic with queer girl superheros that makes us swoon.
- stickers from weneeddiversebooks, Geeks Out, tumblr, and a bi pride flag
- and a handful of pinback buttons including a Dark Horse pride button!
Now all the boring rules stuff:
- This giveaway is open to everyone (yes international friends this includes you).
- You must be following us here at bisexual-books to win
- You must reblog this post (likes don’t count for this one sorry guys).
- You can reblog as many times as you’d like
- But no giveaway blogs
- Winners will be chosen August 10th at 8pm CST
Agamemnon, book 1
Tagamemnon Tuesdays - the best classics blogs Tumblr has to offer
incorrectiliad is a blog that posts quotes and incorrectly attributes them in a fashion that creates humor, pathos, or insight.
I bore a h e l l within me, which nothing could extinguish
“Starting to root for this guy” as in “They sent me to kill her and I made another call” kind of root for this guy? Did he and Coulson make a deal after the whole whoops-Black-Widow-is-now-an-asset-sorry-Coulson deal where Coulson made Hawkeye promise to tell him when he started rooting for the person he was supposed to shoot in the head? How many times has this been a problem for Hawkeye? Is he, like, known in SHIELD for being the agent who might adopt the target you sent him to kill?
I firmly believe that this is what happened with him and Natasha. Like, Fury gives Clint the order, the next thing he knows Barton’s dragging Natasha in being like BOSS CAN I PLEASE KEEP HER I PROMISE TO CLEAN UP ANY BODY PARTS SHE LEAVES LYING AROUND PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEASE
Margaret Bowland (b.1953)
"Beauty makes sense to me, has weight for me, only when it falls from grace. It starts to matter when it carries damage. Sorrow allows it to cast a shadow. It becomes three-dimensional. It enters our world."
Margaret Bowland’s spellbinding and psychologically charged work brings viewers face to face with contentious culture while affirming the resilience and triumph of the human spirit. A masterful observer of life’s unpredictable nature, her work conveys universal themes through unusually specific insights. Bowland’s work explores the subtle and nuanced edges between strength and vulnerability, certainty and doubt, faith and disbelief. Bowland’s probing and deeply personal images call into question our societal expectations of gender, race, and beauty.
© All images courtesy of the artist ; artist portrait by Andrew Theodorakis/New York Daily